Software Engineer - Server
17 days ago
Software Engineer - Server
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Electronic Arts India, a leading technology company and video game developer in India, brings together talented individuals from diverse backgrounds with a shared passion for inspiring the world to play.
The Mobile Central Technology (MCT) team is looking for an experienced backend software engineer to develop server applications and infrastructure for several projects that support our portfolio of world-class mobile games. You will collaborate with the other Software Engineers, Development Directors, and Technical Leads in MCT to create solutions for our mobile games using modern technologies and frameworks deployed to cloud-based infrastructure. You will work on multiple existing systems and greenfield projects, too. This role will require working with many different teams within EA Mobile. You will report to the Lead Software Engineer.
Main Responsibilities (What you will do)
- Mix of hands-on coding and release management for large Java projects using SQL databases.
- Create and work on large-scale distributed HTTP-based backend services, creating new services and updating existing ones to support millions of players that are potentially shareable across teams.
- Develop stable, scalable, and efficient code using common software engineering design patterns and paradigms on the backend.
- Write high-quality code and participate in design and code reviews to maintain development standards.
- Resolve defects during QA testing, production deployment, and operations cycles (live games & platforms environments).
- Work with multiple teams and platforms that use the services you create for centralized game components.
- Work and collaborate within a distributed team across multiple time zones.
Qualifications (What you know how to do)
- Experience developing and maintaining large-scale distributed applications and microservices
- 4+ years of experience in Java and its ecosystem (Spring, Spring Boot, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience working on online services/servers (REST/gRPC )
- 2+ years of experience in cloud-based infrastructure (AWS/GCP)
- Working knowledge of SQL (MYSQL/PostgreSQL)
- Working knowledge of cloud tools and infrastructure (Docker, k8s)
- Experience with Git or similar distributed source management system
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with load testing, troubleshooting, and optimizing performance of backend services
- Solid communication skills
Good to Have:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Working knowledge of AWS DynamoDB and Redis
- Knowledge of Apache Flink and Snowflake
- Working knowledge of Go and Python