Software Engineer, Server - Unannounced Survival Game
8 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Software Engineer, Server - Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
We are seeking a Software Engineer, Server to help build and shape the server infrastructure for our project. If you like working on servers and building a highly scalable and efficient online infrastructure that needs to work on a global scale, read on!
We believe our team is good. Really good. Granted, we’re obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of developers out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. If you’re looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, we believe our team could be a phenomenal fit for you. Join us and help craft our future!
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY or Irvine, CA.
We need help with
- 5+ years experience, or equivalent education/work experience
- Collaborating with other engineers on the server team on the design and implementation of the server infrastructure.
- Designing and implementing server-side components of gameplay features.
- Working side by side with QA, design, production, and other engineers to solve some of our most complex problems.
- Participating in the ongoing effort to improve our server infrastructure, with the goal of achieving ever-increasing service availability.
- Coordinating with embedded and external teams, creating relationships, and assisting with shared initiatives that advance the development of the game.
- Championing Blizzard’s core values
What you are good at
- Writing fluent C++ code with advanced knowledge of both historical patterns and modern language features.
- Protocol and API design.
- Networking experience in TCP, UDP, and higher-level protocols.
- Developing highly scalable services, distributed systems, and client/server architectures.
- Authoring efficient schemas for storage technologies (SQL, Cassandra, Redis, etc.).
- Working in a collaborative environment.
- Breaking down complex tasks.
- Playing and making a variety of video game genres and titles.
Extra awesome points for
- Linux development experience.
- Familiar with security considerations (encryption, denial of service).
- Experience with cloud/virtualization/containerization technologies and infrastructure.
- Experience with code optimization.
- Proficient in at least one scripting language such as Python.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $37.26 - $68.93 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.