This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer, Server Infrastructure - Warcraft Arclight Rumble
28 days ago
Job Title:Software Engineer, Server Infrastructure - Warcraft Arclight Rumble
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join a new team working on our newly announced mobile game, Warcraft Arclight Rumble. This is a backend position with the server sub-team responsible for online player features.
In this role, you will help build and secure the infrastructure for our game coordinating across disciplines with designers and client engineers. In addition to having strong technical skills, we are looking for qualified engineers who have a passion for gaming. You should be excited by the idea of building and supporting systems at very large scale and provide epic game experiences to players all around the globe.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and implement server architecture
- Design and implement server-side systems to help keep them reliable
- Architect systems for performance, stability, scalability, and fault tolerant operation
- Coordinate with other server engineers to build secure systems that scale
- Design and deliver code that is simple to use and evolve over time
- Champion Blizzard’s core values
- 3 years of experience in one or more of the following languages: C#, C++, Java, Kotlin, Scala, Rust, Go, Python
- Enthusiasm for mobile gaming
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively and build consensus with other engineers
- Experience with a container orchestration platform (e.g. Kubernetes, Nomad)
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts and practices
- Experience supporting backend systems in live operations
- Experience building highly distributed systems
- Linux development experience
- Past experience using infrastructure-as-code systems such as Kustomize, Terraform or Helm
- Knowledge of distributed messaging systems (especially Kafka and similar products)
- Past experience with Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services
- iOS and/or Android software development expertise
- Understanding of low-level network protocols (TCP/UDP)
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $77,500.00 - $143,376.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.