Software Engineer, Server - In-Game Shop - World of Warcraft
12 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Software Engineer, Server - In-Game Shop - World of Warcraft
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly-skilled software engineer to join the World of Warcraft server team. The ideal applicant is someone who hungers to understand the workings and infrastructure of a massive online gaming environment. The individual must also enjoy the challenge of implementing new game systems for players to experience while diagnosing tough problems and keeping the server code maintainable and optimized.
While working with the World of Warcraft team, you will collaborate across disciplines and with other engineers and seek to understand and solve problems related to WoW’s in-game shop and other game services. You will help push our technology forward and ensure our large-scale distributed systems continue to be resilient.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design, implement and maintain World of Warcraft in-game shop features and systems
- Be a cross-team contact point for in-game shop requests and needs
- Architect systems with scalability, availability, and performance in mind
- Troubleshoot issues, resolve defects, and improve the live service
- Implement instrumentation and testing strategies to ensure correct functionality of features
- Participate in and contribute to a culture of inclusion and diversity
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Prior client-server application development and a strong understanding of distributed systems
- Passion for implementing complex coding solutions with simple, elegant, easy-to-maintain code
- Experience with code optimization, multithreading, and networking
- Experience with developing test strategies, instrumentation, and test harnesses
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Previous engineering experience in game development
- Experience using a major public cloud platform such as AWS or GCP
- Broad Experience in any of the following: Linux, Oracle, SQL, Lua, Jenkins
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!