Software Engineer - Server Features - Warcraft Arclight Rumble
18 days ago
Job Title:Software Engineer - Server Features - Warcraft Arclight Rumble
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join a new team working on our newly announced mobile game, Warcraft Arclight Rumble. This is a backend position with the server sub-team responsible for online player features.
In this role, you will help develop new systems and services for our game coordinating across disciplines with designers and client engineers. In addition to having strong technical skills, we are looking for qualified engineers who have a passion for gaming. The ideal candidate should be excited by the idea of working closely and iterating with designers to create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years.
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and implement server architecture
- Design and implement server-side components in support of gameplay features
- Architect systems for performance, stability, scalability, and fault tolerant operation
- Coordinate with client engineers on network efficiency
- Design and deliver code that is robust, extensible, flexible and simple to use
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First”
- 3 years of experience in one or more of the following languages: C#, C++, Java, Kotlin, Scala, Rust
- Experience building backend systems in a client/server architecture.
- Enthusiasm and a passion for mobile gaming
- Ability to communicate effectively with designers and client engineers
- Experience building highly distributed systems
- Experience supporting a live product
- Linux development experience
- Database development experience (especially Cassandra and similar products)
- Knowledge of distributed messaging systems (especially Kafka and similar products)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- iOS and/or Android software development expertise
- Previous Unity game-engine experience
- Understanding of low-level network protocols (TCP/UDP)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.