This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer - Security
5 days ago
Automation Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The Software Engineer is a member of the Security Automation team under the Secure Product Engineering & Anti-Cheat Response team within EA's Information Security department.
As a Software Engineer, your primary job will be to design, develop and maintain security and anti-cheat automation systems and related security tooling. Your work will help protect our business data, our employee data, and most importantly, our players.
The infrastructure and tooling that you develop and maintain will provide a stable and scalable platform for the rest of the Secure Product Engineering & Anti-Cheat Response team to use in assessing our products for security and gameplay integrity defects. The services provided will be available and consumed by broad audiences within EA.
The ideal candidate has a passion to learn new technologies, challenge assumptions, and identify new opportunities to effectively solve business problems.
- Participate in all aspects of an iterative, agile software development process, including scoping, detailed design, effort estimation, coding, testing, debugging, maintenance and support
- Develop web apps, components, prototypes, or proofs of concept (POC’s)
- Define and tune frontend technology stack
- Document and present designs for peer technical review and provide feedback on others’ designs
- Work cross team to identify key requirements and define key metrics
- Partner closely with customers to understand what common functionality they need in a framework to build the best possible integration experiences
- Enhance and add features to existing systems
- Research and select new best-of-breed technologies to meet challenging requirements
- Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong secure development practices.
- Knowledgeable in the area of scalable platform architecture, end to end systems design and architecture
- Knowledge of two or more – C#, Java, Python
- Knowledge of containerization / virtualization technologies such as Docker, Chef, Puppet
- Familiarity with public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Windows Azure
- Experience with relational (MSSQL/MySQL) and non relational (NoSQL) databases.
- Able to work and problem solve independently, to organize workload and priorities, high-quality execution, technical innovation/adaptation, and initiative
- Excellent troubleshooting, debugging skills.
- A passion for gaming and a good problem solver and creative thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication