This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer - Riot Developer Experience, Operability
1 month ago
Riot Developer Experience (RDX) enables developers around the globe to provide value to players. We accelerate game teams all across Riot in how they develop, deploy, and operate their backend microservices at scale - globally.
RDX engineers work together in high performing teams and report to an engineering manager who cares deeply about the engineer’s journey at Riot and broader career in gaming and tech. Beyond hard engineering roles, RDX teams are also supported by a set of product and delivery roles.
As a Software Engineer on the RDX Operability team, you'll build products and services that unlock the ability for Riot developers to build and operate complex applications that run at large-scale globally. You’ll partner closely with service and game teams to build services and developer tools used across products like League of Legends, VALORANT, and more.
- Create and operate tools and services that help accelerate all of Riot
- Design and implement new software components
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing platforms
- Be on rotational on-call for live product support and operational assessment
- Provide meaningful code review for other members of the team
- Produce comprehensive user documentation around your implemented solutions
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant professional experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience developing and maintaining high-capacity, high-availability, and high-performant software
- Understand distributed systems, microservices, and software at high scale
- Mentors more junior engineers through code reviews and pair programming
- Fluency in Mandarin
- Experience in Front end development, preferably using AngularJS
- Experience working in container-based ecosystems and with a container scheduler (e.g. Marathon, Mesos, Kubernetes, GKE, Amazon ECS)
- Experience with distributed systems, specifically microservices
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, ideally Jenkins
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc)
- Experience with API design, preferably using REST
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match . Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect . We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).