This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer, Quantified Researcher
Plantation, FL, United States
8 months ago
The Quantified Experience (QX) team is seeking a software Engineer with a background in computer graphics. The position involves responsibility for implementing software to be used in psychophysical experiments on visual experiences of users.
We inform leadership and other teams on perceptual best practices and work closely with other departments such Systems, Optical Engineering, Healthcare, Human Factors and UX/UI teams. We are looking for candidates who are creative, energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Implement various software tools that will be used in (psychophysical) studies to investigate visual experiences
- Implement readable, reusable code
- Build familiarity with all the devices QX Team use in the lab and troubleshoot issues in software and hardware
- Keep the QX Team updated on latest technical changes and be able to get up-to-speed with these changes quickly
- Give feedback to the software teams and support efforts to develop standards for coding style and version control
- Proficient in C++, OpenGL and/or Unity and C#
- Proficient writing software for Windows & Linux
- Proficient in bash programming
- Understanding of graphics pipelines
- Interest in science, research methodologies and experimentation
- You are detail oriented and can identify potential problems quickly and communicate them clearly with a sense of urgency
- You can adjust to change and get up-to-speed on new technical developments quickly and get your hands dirty with various hardware prototypes
- Experience with Matlab and Psychtoolbox
- Experience working closely with hardware products
- Experience of work in a research lab at a university or applied research team at a company
- BS/MS, Computer Science or related
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.