Software Engineer (Python/Django/React) II
14 days ago
Software Engineer Full Stack (Python/Django/React)
The Software Engineer will be instrumental in the development of new tools, features, and enhancements in existing tools within the Play! Pokémon program. This program is a key line of business and promotes the organized play of Pokémon’s Trading Card Game and Video Game offerings. This role will be part of an agile team responsible for streamlining and automating Play! Pokémon operations which include development in web technologies and services, mobile apps, localization, and logistics.
This role will work with members inside and outside the Technology Organization to ensure new features are delivered with the high-quality Pokémon fans expect. The Software Engineer will be able to work at various levels of the technology stack, from frontend web development to backend services.
What You Will Do
- Drive the design and implementation of new features with a focus on highly scalable and secure software.
- Translate business requirements into engineering tasks which can be estimated and completed in an Agile software system.
- Migrate functionality from existing monolith to microservices.
- Document and communicate designs and interfaces with other team members.
- Share technical knowledge and experiences with other team members.
- Work on multi-discipline teams, including non-technical stakeholders, to solve complex problems.
- Write clean, testable, maintainable, and documented code with high throughput and low error rate.
What You Will Bring
- 3-4 years of combined experience in the following:
- Building and maintaining API-driven services used in multi-tiered, scalable web platforms.
- Demonstrable experience in front-end Web development utilizing ReactJS, CSS3
- Experience in Python (Django framework preferred), and PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Experience with AWS services, containerization and unit test frameworks preferred.
- Experience with Agile Methodology and Test Driven Development preferred.
- Experience with Continuous Integration practices is highly recommended.
- Experience with React Native is a plus.
- Experience with UI/UX design is a plus.
- Experience with internationalization and localization is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent working experience.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with an ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work well under pressure and can pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands, maintaining use of best practices.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on trends and concepts.
- Professional Know-How: You understand procedural and technical aspects of your role, and occasionally act as a subject matter expert for other teams. You demonstrate resourcefulness in acquiring additional professional expertise and keep up-to-date on resources available to enhance skills and meet the needs of all customers.
- Service Orientation: You keep internal and external customer(s) in mind at all times. You strive to proactively address customer concerns and needs and to provide consistent customer satisfaction.
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables.
- Analytical and Logical: You’re quantitative and qualitative and able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information and tell the story through data. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization. You build trust and collaborate with partners at all levels.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.