Software Engineer, Production and Reliability Engineering
3 months ago
Our Production and Reliability Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer to join us in our Helsinki office. The team’s main charter is to enable the success of Unity developers and provide value for our customers, all the while advocating for a broader culture of learning and reliability within Unity. Our Production and Reliability Engineering organization is made up of Site Reliability Engineers, DevOps Engineers, and also Service and Product teams, so you’ll join a group working with a varied skill set toward a common goal.
In this role, you will take on a software engineering role in a team that focuses on internal customers and tooling. You’ll be part of a small team, taking ownership of software projects targeting customer needs, solving their problems in an effective and maintainable manner. You’ll be taking part in both design and implementation of software while communicating with the stakeholders of that service in order to deliver quality products.
What you’ll be doing
- Design & develop new services and improve our existing services
- Navigate between ground-level and big-picture views about software architecture
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams by clearly communicating ideas and solutions, translating these ideas and solutions into features and new tools
- Translate technical needs into practical solutions for both technical and non-technical stakeholders across the business
What we’re looking for
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical peers
- Strong programming skills in Go or similar backend technologies
- Strong understanding on building scalable and reliable services
- Experience with cloud environments, ideally GCP or similar
- Familiarity with SQL databases
You might also have
- Contribution to open source projects and/or an interesting Github page
- Healthy obsession with metrics, measurement and reliability in general
- Experience with container technology, specifically Docker and Kubernetes
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.