This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer: Player Platform - Riot Platform Portal
Los Angeles, CA
4 months ago
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer on Player Platform, you’ll be exposed to both new and current technology while building creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
The Player Platform initiative builds the player-facing software and systems that are shared between games at Riot. You will be an integral member of a multi-functional team that is building the common platform on which Riot will build future games. We're seeking engineers who can bring new ideas to a wide variety of projects including desktop applications, globally scaled services like chat and accounts, and SDKs to enable game teams to deliver these experiences across different operating systems and platforms. Together, we will write outstanding code and tests while contributing to the product that will power Riots future games.
The Riot Platform Portal (RPP) within Player Platform is charged with building a distribution and management portal for R&D teams. As part of the team, you'll help streamline the process of shipping games by facilitating and building self-service integration tech. Our current offerings include content distribution with a global footprint, micro-surveys, and entitlement-based access control.
This position reports to the Engineering Manager of the Riot Platform Portal team.
- Write code in a variety of languages to deliver software to a global gaming audience.
- Become owner and domain expert in at least one Riot system.
- Deliver high quality software by writing unit, functional, and integration tests.
- Participate as a code reviewer for other members of the team.
- Partner with product owners to craft the best possible experience for both players and game developers by providing clear insight into technical requirements and limitations.
- Contribute to technical designs with the rest of your team.
- Estimate the size and complexity of work for planning.
- Participate in phone screens and onsite panels during the hiring of other specialists.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience writing or maintaining microservices, designing HTTP or GRPC APIs, or delivering Web Applications via React
- Cloud-native applications, services and architectures for distributed and high-availability systems.
- Continuous Integration and Delivery through products like Jenkins, Docker and Terraform.
- Public or Private cloud management experience through AWS, Azure, GCP or OpenStack
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).