Software Engineer, Platform Server Infrastructure
3 months ago
Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to build the server infrastructure that supports the hosted AR/Geo platform underpinning projects such as Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, and our wide slate of future titles built on this platform. You will work on real-time indexing, querying and aggregation problems at massive scales of hundreds of millions of events per day as well as encapsulating those technologies behind easily understood, well-organized APIs to democratize development of planet-scale AR experiences.
- You will design, implement and document server-side APIs for planet-scale concurrent networking, multiplayer gameplay and massive datastores in Java.
- You will build robust, low-latency, scalable systems that support Niantic’s products.
- You will collaborate with other specialists, product managers, and other departments to ensure code meets internal standards.
- You will perform load testing, participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure stable platform releases to internal and external customers.
- You have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- You have experience engineering scalable, real-time multiplayer or cloud-based server systems or APIs.
- You have experience with NoSQL datastores, networking or utilizing compute infrastructure on hosting providers, such as Google Cloud, Azure or AWS.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.