Software Engineer, PA - Content
18 days ago
At Unity Technologies we are innovating in the space of content creation for games and virtual worlds. As part of the content creation workflow we are developing tools that streamline the work of artists, modelers and developers. There has never been a more exciting time to work in a space that brings both art and science together. We are passionate about combining art with the latest advances in machine learning and 3D visualization.
In this role you will play a meaningful role in helping us to build and maintain new features in our suite of content creation tools and processes. Your work will involve refining new product specifications and then designing, building, testing, and maintaining these features.
You will have the opportunity to innovate within this space and bring new ideas to the market. As a member of an agile team you will work with your colleagues to build features collaboratively, helping to lead the design and technical thinking both within your team and in collaboration with other teams in Unity. You will also strive to delight our customers by finding and implementing solutions that address real customer challenges.
What you’ll be doing
- Contributing to product improvements by designing, implementing, testing and maintaining features
- Taking a role in planning, feature refinement, daily stand ups, reviews and retrospective meetings
- Helping the team to continuously improve its engineering practices, whilst also developing appropriate test automation and performing ad-hoc and formal testing
- Performing code reviews and participating in design reviews
- Contributing to all required documentation
What we’re looking for
- Experience in a similar role
- Professional experience using development languages including C++, and ideally other languages such as Python, C and C#
- A passion for real-time 3D content creation
You might also have
- Experience developing games/applications using Unity or in 3D graphics programming
- Knowledge of any artist content creation tools such as Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, Houdini, Nuke, Substance Designer, Photoshop
- Knowledge of the following technologies: TensorFlow, CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCL or DirectX
- Experience with GIT / Jenkins / Jira / Maven / TFS
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetise interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimised support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.