Software Engineer - Online Services F1
23 days ago
Founded in 1986, Codemasters has a long-standing reputation as one of the premier game developers in the industry. At the heart of Codemasters is the official Formula One game ™, one of the most critically acclaimed sporting franchises of the last decade. Our Global team brings together a diverse team including artists, engineers, and designers who are motivated by a passion for creating exceptional gaming experiences.
As a member of our team, you'll have the chance to contribute to the latest instalments of this award-winning game and help us raise the bar even higher. With a focus on innovation, and engagement we aim to evolve the ultimate Formula 1 experience for players everywhere. Our mission is to be the world's number one racing games developer – join us for the road ahead! Located in our Birmingham, UK office, or remote, we are looking for an Online Gameplay Services engineer to help bring the vision of the game’s ongoing evolution to life.
- Reporting to the Tech Director, you will develop technical solutions for gameplay features based on Online Services
- Implement our client-side of Online Services systems
- Work with the backend Online Services team on data design to support game features
- Working with the design team to evaluate designs for Online Services related technical requirements and opportunities
- Contribute to backend Online Services development.
- Feature development estimation and reporting to the team
Here's what you will need:
- 4+ years of C++ software development
- Understanding of client-server-based services architecture
- Experience with asynchronous programming methods and multi-threaded code environments
- Use network messaging and data transport mechanisms
- Familiarity with relational database technology and data design in a games development context
- Experience writing clear and maintainable code based on good software engineering practices
- Solid games industry track record, such as previously published products
Here's what we would like:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.