Software Engineer - New Mobile Midcore
14 days ago
We’re looking for outstanding engineers to join our team! If you have a passion for gameplay, physics, networking, tools and/or graphics we’d love to hear from you. As an engineer at Demiurge Studios you’ll work with other engineers, artists and designers to deliver innovative games for the PC, Android and iOS devices. Demiurge development teams are cohesive, highly skilled and well-supported…come join us!
- Work closely with artists and designers to recognize and define game features and system requirements
- Implement, test, debug and maintain source code
- Provide ongoing support to artists and designers
- Deliver high quality, functional systems on time and to specification
- Make educated trade-offs among scope, quality and pace.
- Assist with live server operations and take turns responding to outages with the team
- 2+ years professional software development experience
- Strong programming skills
- Deep knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Has a passion for games and plays them regularly
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Preference to Applicants with
- Experience developing games with the Unreal Game Engine
- Experience with C++
- Experience with Go
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with JSON
- Comfortable working in PC and Linux environments
Demiurge Studios is a privately-held video game developer based in Cambridge, MA. Creating games is our passion and we bring years of expertise to our projects. The teams at Demiurge build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry game companies. In that capacity, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.