Software Engineer, Multiplayer Gameplay
5 days ago
***Resumes must be submitted in English***
2K’s newest AAA development studio, 31st Union, is excited to launch its Spanish expansion!
We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
31st Union is seeking a Gameplay Systems Engineer for our multiplatform game. You will work with design and our experienced engineering team to design and implement novel and innovative mechanics within robust, extensible systems. Avenues include player control and abilities, AI and navigation, world systems and others – with exposure to networking, animation, physics, rendering, UI/UX, streaming and audio. Ability to align with dev partners and own features from design to polish is important.
You are someone who has been a significant contributor as a gameplay engineer on previous AAA games. You should be comfortable working in a paradigm of iterative experimentation and refinement. Throughout, we expect you to represent ideal engineering habits – code cleanliness and factoring; communication; debugging and iteration efficiency – and be available to mentor or direct other engineers as required.
- Extensive professional experience and proven capacity in gameplay systems is required
- Fluency in common algorithms and data structures is required
- Strong 3D math and C/C++ skills are required
- With much of the work player-facing, a commitment to quality and polish is required
- Fluency with adjacent systems – networking, animation, AI, physics, etc. - is desired
- Console gaming development experience is desired
- Production Unreal Engine and mobile experience is desired
- Able to work and communicate in proficient English
- Must be EU Citizen