Software Engineer (Mobile) - Creative Play
17 days ago
Does working on a project with many unknowns and huge potential discoveries sound exciting? Are you ready to stretch yourself exploring uncharted territories.
Working with software engineering in the Creative Play project equals working with a lot of unknowns and a lot of potential in our complex software landscape. We are building a social game space - focused on fun, approachable ways for users to express themselves through creation, sharing, and play.
At Embark we have a strong team who we believe in, and we place our trust in you. We are a hybrid-remote team, and value developers who take initiative, and communicate and collaborate across the project.
In this role you will explore new areas and take responsibility for the mobile development within the Creative Play project. Just like some of your peers, you are interested in Rust development and you can handle both low-level and high-level tech. You are highly interested in interactive experiences, and even though you constantly deep dive into tech - you work on solutions through a user-first lens.
Example of responsibilities
- Design and implementation of software at multiple levels of the software stack
- Driving and participating in team efforts aimed at making sure the product can run efficiently on mobile devices (Android)
- Working on integration and verification of product features on Android, including adaptation of gameplay
- Design and implementation of API:s and platform specific behaviors (low and high level)
- Integration, maintenance and development of Open Source crates used for Android development in Rust, getting in touch with crate developers for support, if necessary
- Investigating and solving platform-specific issues that occur in the product (performance, bugs, missing features)
- Collaboration and working closely with fellow Creative Play colleagues (UX, Design, Gameplay Engineers etc.)
We would love if you have
- A background from both software engineering, and gameplay
- Experience from building a game that runs on mobile
- Strong will to learn Rust (Experience with Rust is meritorious!)
- Experience with deployment on Google Play store and working with submission guidelines
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our " Open Application.
We work in a Hybrid Remote setup. We would love to have colleagues joining our office in Stockholm or who can at least visit occasionally!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.