Software Engineer | Magic: The Gathering Arena
Burnaby, British Columbia
16 days ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena . SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite , projects in the Minecraft Universe , supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena , and original title, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Skybox is thrilled to partner with Wizards of the Coast to support the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena and we’re looking for experienced C# and Unity engineers to join the team!
Working on core systems in Unity engine, this role requires someone to be curious and creative in their problem-solving abilities. Collaboration is also a key component during all phases of development, as this role will be integral to the team and all its stakeholders. Magic: The Gathering Arena is a huge part of our studio culture and we have passionate players across many of our teams. We’re excited to support the development of this project and we’re looking for people who are just as passionate about playing Magic as we are!
- Work closely with a game development team on core systems and optimization work
- Execute on software development tasks both independently and collaboratively
- Test software and address bugs, as needed
- Provide task duration estimates and reports on progress, as needed
- Push the boundaries of what you know by learning new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- Communicate effectively with our partners
- Extensive game development experience
- Fluency in C# and Unity
- Core systems experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A commitment to self-direction, collaboration, and constant improvement
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Proficiency in C++ is highly valued
- Experience with engine optimization in Unity
- Experience in shipping AAA titles
- Lead experience
- Support in developing more Junior engineers
- A passion for games, especially collectible card games!
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.