Software Engineer - Machine Learning Analysis & Optimization for Graphics
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Are you passionate about artificial intelligence, enjoy high quality real-time graphics, and have an eye for detail? Do you want your work to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time?
Sony Interactive Entertainment has an extraordinary opportunity in the R&D department. We seek an ambitious software engineer to analyze machine learning approaches to graphics problems and understand their potential in groundbreaking solutions. These graphics problems are in a vast space from image and geometry processing, character animation, and VR technology. If this interests you, please apply!
- Analyze ongoing machine learning development, optimize model and hyperparameters, improve training data with feature engineering, and propose different model architectures if necessary
- Develop ML training infrastructure to reduce the turnaround time of experiments and enhance the automated regression test system to improve coverage
- In communication with game studios, critically analyze current real-time rendering, content creation pipelines, and VR rendering technology to find areas for new development
- Craft testing plans, samples, and documentation together with other production teams
- Analyze runtime performance data collected from the application running on PlayStation hardware and report performance trade-offs to the team
- Hands-on experience working with deep learning toolkits such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, or Keras
- Development using Python (2 years minimum)
- Machine Learning experience: Understanding ML theory, architectures, and research
- Exposure to computer graphics, and a motivation to learn and fix major graphics problems
- A creative personality that strives to analyze sophisticated problems and propose innovative solutions
- Good communication, writing, presentation, and leadership skills
- Machine Learning applied to computer vision, image processing, geometry, animation, or other graphics topics
- Experience in implementing or optimizing rendering techniques such as deferred, forward+, shadow, or anti-aliasing on graphics API such as DX12, DX11, Vulkan, or OpenGL, using C++
- Understanding of modern GPU architectures and 3D graphics pipeline
- Knowledge of physically based shading, or global illumination
- Hands-on experience with Docker and possibly Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS services, including S3, Lambda and EC2
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$125,800 — $188,600 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.