This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer (ML-Agents), AI@Unity
San Francisco, CA, United States
3 months ago
We are looking for an exceptional distributed systems engineer to join Unity’s ML-Agents team within AI@Unity. The ML-Agents team is an applied research team focused on:
- Enabling Unity as a premier simulation platform for Artificial Intelligence research ranging from locomotion to language-guided visual navigation
- Enabling Unity developers to train agent behaviors using machine learning techniques such as deep reinforcement learning and imitation learning.
You can learn more about us by reading our Unity Blog posts and arXiv papers [ 1 , 2 ].
You will be working with a team of researchers and engineers to develop technologies for creating intelligent character behaviors within Unity environments. These technologies have the potential to transform how games are created, tested, evaluated and deployed, and the experiences they deliver to millions of players worldwide.
- Contribute to the design, development, and operation of a world-class large-scale distributed machine learning platform
- Build and own robust microservices that can scale to millions of games
- Define API specifications for your services and how to integrate with other Unity services and systems
- Build internal tools that support machine learning experimentation
- Contribute to the design, development, and support of the ml-agents GitHub project
- Write high-quality, clean code that is production-grade
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with experience in mathematics, statistics, data structures and algorithms
- Expertise in Scala, Python, C#, or Go
- Solid experience with building performant, robust, large scale data/distributed systems as well as e xperience working with public cloud providers like GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Must have shipping large scale products and services in a production setting
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build cross functional relationships across the company
- MS with a focus on distributed systems
- Experience with Unity Engine or Game Development
- Expertise with GCP
- Experience in Machine Learning
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.