This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer Intern
Paris, Paris, France
15 days ago
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven, video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players!
Based in Paris, we have created several critically acclaimed strategy games since the studio’s creation in 2011. Within the Endless Universe, our titles include Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Legend, and Endless Space 2.
We also recently unveiled our next title: Humankind, a historical strategy epic where players can lead their people from the Bronze to the Modern age, combing cultures as they go.
Our close relationship with the community is for us, a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we’re really proud to create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform, where our community plays a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development, is a great example of this.
We are looking for a Software Engineer Intern (Porting) to bring our next title, Humankind, to a larger audience and handle with the game porting on Mac.
More specifically, under the supervision of our Lead 3D Programmer you will:
- Add the production tools necessary to produce builds on Mac
- Help with the engine porting on Metal.
- Add specific features to the IOS environment (file system, identification)
- Assist with the porting of network features specific to the IOS environment (steam)
Required experience and skills
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (ongoing) in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics or a related field
- Strong interest in Mac or Linux
- Strong organizational skills
- Resourceful and motivated
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles (game designers, producers…)
- Available ASAP to begin in the studio in Paris (12ième)