EA Sacramento is home to Capital Games, a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, downtown Sacramento’s premier neighborhood. We are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, obsessed with the creation of genre-defining mobile RPG games, and the live services necessary to support them. Come make your impact at an EA studio with a start-up feel.
We're looking for a Server Software Engineer Intern to join the team behind Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, one of EA’s most successful games. With a large-scale mobile game, we’re pushing the boundaries on every front so you’ll get a chance to stretch beyond your comfort zone and have the ability to learn while you contribute. Our team culture is collaborative and high-performance and we expect everyone to approach development with a Player First perspective.
As a Server Software Engineer Intern for a core mobile game at EA, you will:
- Assist with the design & development of an ultra-fast, massively scalable, highly available game service
- Help implement security best practices and original techniques to keep user data secure and prevent cheating
- Work with designers, client engineering, and production teams to achieve service goals and objectives
- Apply and improve server deployment and troubleshooting strategies that maximize uptime
Seeking Candidates with:
- A strong desire to create scalable services using Java, relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with IaaS and/or PaaS offerings like Amazon Web Services and/or Google App Engine a plus
- Strong working knowledge of large scale live service operations a plus
- Java skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of stable change management practices in a live service environment
Knowledge of the following is a plus:
- An interest in playing games
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.