This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer Intern
Sacramento California United States
10 months ago
EA Sacramento is home to Capital Games, a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, downtown Sacramento’s premier neighborhood. We are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, passionate about the creation of genre-defining mobile RPG games, and the live services necessary to support them. Come make your impact at an EA studio with a startup feel.
We're looking for a Server Software Engineer Intern to join the team behind Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, one of EA’s most successful games. With a large-scale mobile game, we’re pushing the boundaries on every front so you’ll get a chance to stretch beyond your comfort zone while you contribute. Our team culture is collaborative and motivated and we expect everyone to approach development with a Player First perspective.
As a Server Software Engineer Intern for a core mobile game at EA, you will:
- Help develop tools for creating game content
- Work with designers, client engineering, and production teams to implement new game features
- Contribute to a fast, scalable, highly available game service
- Apply and improve server deployment and troubleshooting strategies that maximize uptime
Seeking Candidates with:
- Front end web development experience
- A desire to create scalable services using Java, relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services or Google App Engine a plus
- Understand stable change management practices in a live service environment