This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer Intern - WoW Classic
Irvine, CA, United States
7 months ago
Internship Term: 2020
SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN - WORLD OF WARCRAFT CLASSIC
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
The World of Warcraft team would like to expand our efforts to restore the past, and explore the future, by hiring additional engineers. We have a series of upcoming content unlocks we need to support, and our efforts won’t stop there.
The World of Warcraft team is always growing, and always striving to improve. We need heroes to help us imagine the future of the World of Warcraft, both in terms of our technical vision, and the gameplay that it supports. We're dedicated to building new and interesting ways to play, collaborate, and interact within the Warcraft universe, and we're looking for engineers to join our team and help build those new features.
We value diversity on our team, as well as a healthy work-life balance, and we strive to staff appropriately to meet both those goals. We recognize that the best ideas and most creative work come from a safe and well-rested workforce, and we endeavor to protect that.
The world of Azeroth is a big place, so this is no small challenge, but we have a great team of friendly faces waiting to help you along the way. If you have the skills and experience, as well as the passion and excitement, we hope you’ll apply.
- Work closely with designers and engineers to build gameplay systems in C++
- Layout and manipulate game data using SQL
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020– August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in all engineering areas
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with high-level scripting languages such as Lua, or Python
- Experience with different platforms, such as Windows, Mac, Linux
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Your experience with World of Warcraft
- Your experience as a software developer
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.