Software Engineer - Intern (Summer 2023)
14 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2023)
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to create and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code and publish any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching over 100 million players across the globe every month!
In 2021, we were honored to be one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the US. In 2021, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, collaborative, and innovative people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As an Engineering Intern, you will have ownership and influence across one or more of these domains.
- Be embedded into a software engineering team with responsibility and deliverables
- Regularly ship code to production
- Manage a summer internship project and present it to Roblox leadership
- Work inclusively with Roblox's design, product, data, QA, and DevOps teams.
- Gain valuable and marketable experience building one of the fastest growing software platforms in Silicon Valley
- Pursued or pursuing a BS in Computer Science or similar technical degree in the US or Canada
- Working towards mastery of one or more programming languages such as Go, Node.js, Ruby, Python, C++, Lua, Swift, C# or Java.
- Eager to work with industry-leading frameworks and libraries.
- Passionate about games, community-driven content generation, and social networking.
- Excited about learning and creating great experiences as you work with your team to reach collective goals.
Duration: 12 week internship
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass