This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer Intern, Server
Irvine, CA, United States
7 months ago
Internship Term: 2020
SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN - SERVER
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Blizzard Entertainment has an amazing opportunity for a server programmer intern to work on the future of World of Warcraft. Server programmers cover a large range of skill sets - networking, performance measurement, server stability and uptime, and supporting the live service just to name a few. As an intern, you will be working side by side with members of the team that created the server infrastructure that powers World of Warcraft. We have a long list of exciting features and technologies just waiting for someone to work on them - maybe that someone is you! Are you passionate about connecting other gamers in a massive open world? Do you love figuring out how to partition load across a distributed system? Do you want to help build the infrastructure for the next great World of Warcraft feature? As server programmers on World of Warcraft, we do all these things, and more. Come join us and interact with a welcoming and collaborative group of veteran server programmers.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020– August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passion for gaming and networked server development
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of World of Warcraft
- Experience developing and debugging in C/C++
- Examples of applicable programming projects (personal, school, or professional)
- Majoring in a related field (computer science, computer engineering, data science, etc.)
- Understanding of networking architectures (client/server, peer-to-peer, shared-nothing)
- Experience with data analytics/data science
- It is strongly encouraged to include a link to any websites that contain your work, like github
- Cover letter
- Use cover letter to indicate which specific game programming concentrations interest you most and describe your past experience playing Blizzard games
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.