Software Engineer Intern - Popcap Seattle
Seattle Washington United States
14 days ago
EA is the world leader in mobile gaming with a portfolio of mobile hits including Star Wars, FIFA, NBA LIVE, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Real Racing, The Sims and Plants vs. Zombies. The mobile gaming market continues to grow exponentially year over year and EA’s portfolio of world-class brands, access to external IP, and ability to create original hits puts the company in a unique position to increase this leadership position. Critical to this growth is EA’s ability to maintain our massive engaged audience and to successfully migrate these players to new games as they launch into the marketplace.
We are seeking an intern Game Client Engineer to build out the gameplay features for our existing and new titles. The ideal is a adaptable, curios and is passionate about developing games.
- Build out gameplay systems.
- Enhance and add features to existing systems.
- Adhere to best practices within the engineering team.
- Plan and develop automated tests to ensure game client stability and a good player experience.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to plan and estimate work.
- Help maintain a culture of ongoing improvement.
- Strong problem solving skills: the ability to break down large problems and craft maintainable solutions.
- A grasp of software design/architecture principles.
- Experience with at least one strongly-typed, object-oriented language (C++ preferred).
- An understanding of game client application technology.
- Strong communication skills; a willingness to raise concerns early and drive discussions toward solutions.
- Working towards a BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
It would be great (but not crucial) for you to have experience…
- With Unity.
- Building personal game projects with code available on GitHub (or another similar service).
- Working with game servers, especially if that experience is with Java and Spring.
- Building interactions between clients and servers over HTTP.
- Previous technical internships or other job experience.