This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer Summer Intern - Popcap Seattle - C++
Seattle Washington United States
8 months ago
EA is the world leader in mobile gaming with a portfolio of mobile hits including Star Wars, FIFA, NBA LIVE, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Real Racing, The Sims and Plants vs. Zombies. The mobile gaming market continues to grow exponentially year over year and EA’s portfolio of excellent brands, access to external IP, and ability to create original hits puts us in a unique position to increase this leadership position. Critical to this growth is EA’s ability to maintain our massive engaged audience and to migrate these players to new games as they launch into the marketplace.
We are looking for an intern Game Client Engineer to build out the gameplay features for our all titles. The ideal is a curios and is passionate about developing games.
- Build out gameplay systems.
- Enhance and add features to existing systems.
- Follow best practices within the engineering team.
- Plan and develop automated tests to ensure game client stability and a good player experience.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to plan and estimate work.
- Help maintain a culture of ongoing improvement.
- Problem solving skills: the ability to break down large problems and craft maintainable solutions.
- A grasp of software design/architecture principles.
- Experience with at least one object-oriented language C++ proficiency.
- Understand game client application technology
- Strong communication skills; a willingness to raise concerns early and guide discussions toward solutions.
- Earn towards a BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
It would be great (but not crucial) for you to have experience…
- With Unity.
- Build personal game projects with code available on GitHub (or another similar service).
- Work with game servers, especially if that experience is with Java and Spring.
- Build interactions between clients and servers over HTTP.
- Previous technical internships or other job experience.