This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer Intern, Java
Austin, TX, United States
6 months ago
2020 SUMMER INTERNSHIPS
SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN, JAVA - SERVICE TECHNOLOGIES
*Please note that this role is based in our AUSTIN, TX office
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
The Service Technologies team at Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented, aspiring software engineer to enhance our customer support services in the summer of 2020. On this team, you will work with designers, product managers, and other software engineers to develop web applications and services used by millions of Blizzard players. Our team loves Blizzard games and we care deeply about ensuring everyone can fully enjoy our games; if you do too, then this is the team for you!ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or higher degree in computer science or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion to learn and grow as a software engineer
- Experience developing applications using the Angular framework
- Experience integrating with relational and document database solutions
- Experience with Docker containers
- Contributions to open-source or personal projects
QUEST ITEMSBlizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Please submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.