This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer III
Redwood City California United States
7 months ago
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The commerce team is tasked to develop one of the largest eCommerce platforms to power hundreds of games played by hundreds of millions of gamers. The commerce platform is responsible for providing foundation services to game studios including identity management, account, subscription, billing, payment, virtual currency, provisioning, entitlement, risk and fraud at 24x7 with 99.99% reliability.
What a Software Engineer, Commerce team does at EA
The successful candidate for this position will serve as a Software Engineer on the Commerce Platform team and will be responsible for the design and implementation of our commerce/identity management system and platform development.
- Work with program managers to understand business requirements and translate those into technical designs which are reviewed and signed off by the stack holder.
- Lead technical design and implementation of features.
- Design underlying database schema, interface, and plan for capacity.
- Implement high quality code with comprehensive unit testing.
- Be a subject matter expert in your area.
- Fix bugs raised from stabilization, integration and production.
- Work on migrating legacy systems to the new platform.
- Troubleshoot issues raised from production and resolve customer problems.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Code review peer developer’s code and provide constructive feedback to ensure consistency and quality of code.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Deep Expertise with Java, C# or C++ and solid computer science background including Algorithm, Data Structure, Operation System etc. You’re a true developer!
- Deep SQL/Oracle expertise and experience with large distributed database design is preferred
- Experience in building and running large scale distributed online services is big plus
- Commercial software development experience preferred and proven track record of design/architecture of a large component.
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies
- Passion about customer, partner and quality
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills.
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.