This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer III
9 days ago
Senior Software Engineer - Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honoured to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
You will be part of our talented team, driving the technology forward that will power future titles and new platforms. You will collaborate with world-class engineers and artists across EA. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager in your location.
We are looking for an expert-level, dedicated C#/.NET software engineer with an emphasis on XAML-based UI frameworks. As a Senior Software Engineer for Frostbite, you will be based in Australia, but connected to and supported by our teams around the globe.
• Work with the user experience (UX) team, product owner and customers to design, build and maintain features in the tools
• Provide support to customers by addressing key issues and looking for opportunities to make systematic improvements
• Contribute to architectural decisions across various initiatives, including code maintainability and performance
• Contribute to technical discussions across Frostbite
• Frequently communicate across Frostbite and with game team Engineers
• Communicate with users to prioritize tasks
• C# (knowledge of latest .NET Framework, with .NET5+ a bonus)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
• Experience with XAML-based UI frameworks (preferably WPF)
• Test, debug, and extend other Software Engineers’ code competently
• Experience with C++/CLI desirable
• Experience with game engines such as Unity or Unreal
• Experience working with Source Control Systems (Perforce, SVN, GIT)
• Knowledge of working with Agile (Scrum) development methodologies
• Experience with build systems (TFS, Jenkins)