This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer III
4 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work are at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are excited by the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over. Join us if you believe this is the right environment for you to succeed.
The Senior Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers to develop the game.
- You will work on technical solutions covering main aspects of game-development covering main areas of game development technologies, game features and optimizations of frame-rate and load-times.
- You will work with other domain owners to integrate and develop technologies into the game
- You will analyze impact to above mentioned metrics throughout the development cycle.
- You will provide feedback, guidance and solutions for improvement and optimizations.
- You will report to the development manager and work with your peers to develop the FIFA's foundation layer.
- C++ proficiency.
- 6+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Proficiency integrating and maintaining large-scale systems covering multiple domains.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and run-time optimization.
- Knowledge of assembler, scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C#.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Skills debugging complex applications.
- Knowledge of job-based architectures might come in handy.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
Nice to have:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Knowledge of XBOX and Play Station platforms.
- Experience developing Mobile, PC or Cloud-based Games.
- Working knowledge of graphics libraries (DirectX/OpenGL/Metal).
- A strong understanding of geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motions in 3D space.
- Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.