At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. The EA Play team is driving the strategy and implementation of important programs for EA’s community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love
to play. These programs include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription
currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA’s gaming service
on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends
across platforms and within our games.
In your role, you will manage:
- Delivering quality, features in a shared C++ codebase that contribute to our platform.
- Enhance the workflows , processes and tools for our team.
- Be the role-model for junior engineers.
Joining EA Play means joining the team shaping EA’s subscription services now spanning three major platforms; building consumer experiences that power EA’s games and allowing more personalized, socially connected, and frictionless experiences; and expand our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that “we see farther”, and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You’re someone with a track record for:
- Architecting , designing, coding, debugging and maintaining a large codebase
- Experience with multi-threaded, asynchronous and deterministic programming
- Experience working with a large, distributed team
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- 8+ years of C++ experience
- Windows/Mac application development experience
- Experience having shipped at least one game or application into the market
In a typical sprint, a senior engineer will:
- Plan, estimate and breakdown several features (user stories)
- Spend time reviewing code and mentoring junior engineers
- Design and code features