Software Engineer III - VOD
11 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
The Knowledge Graph team operates services which support search, browse, following, notifications, and discoverability functionality on Twitch. Almost every page load on Twitch calls one (or more) of our team's systems. Many of our systems handle internet scale traffic and as a result we want engineers who are excited to learn and face new challenges every day!
Our systems are important to Twitch, so we aim to write code that is simple, maintainable, and testable. We move fast and release new features and improvements every day. We are breaking ground on several new systems which will power the most important experiences on Twitch for years to come. Twitch is uniquely positioned to dictate the future of multiplayer entertainment. If this future excites you, come join us!
- Design and improve our systems
- Embrace and champion engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
- Produce clean, high-quality code, tests, and documentation
- Contribute to code and design reviews with peers and partners
- Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
- Partner with fellow engineering teams to accomplish complex projects together
- Willingness to try new things and work with a diverse group of people
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience as a Software Engineer
- Strong foundation of data structures and algorithms. Familiarity with scalability, concurrency, API design, data modeling, and distributed systems fundamentals
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. ),
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: TW7036
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.