Software Engineer III - Rendering Testing & Dev Infrastructure (Frostbite)
1 month ago
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Frostbite team!
Frostbite is a technology and collaboration platform for diverse game franchises, such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create some of the best-looking games in the industry!
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will help us create and improve the tools and testing infrastructure that developers use to build the amazing worlds you see in Frostbite games. We collaborate on a daily basis to make sure our worldwide developers have stable, performant and powerful workflows.
- You will develop the Frostbite Rendering team’s runtime performance testing systems
- You will improve the usability and stability of the Frostbite Rendering team’s engineering tools and development workflows
- You will collaborate with other engineers and QA to identify problems and implement solutions.
- You will triage and diagnose rendering performance issues for a variety of game teams.
- You will participate in proactive engagements with Frostbite partners (internal studios, game teams) to understand the challenges for them and identify scenarios Frostbite needs to improve.
- You will collaborate with other test engineers and QA to develop roadmaps, the latest tools, and runtime technologies for game developers across EA worldwide related to Frostbite features.
- You will help improve documentation, and processes and help build the team culture.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related academic program, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 5+ years of professional C# and Python development experience
- 5+ years of experience supporting and debugging complex software ecosystems
- 3+ years of experience with existing real-time application or game engine development workflows
- Professional experience developing software testing solutions
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with software testing and submission frameworks
- Experience with Jenkins and other CI solutions
- Experience with Perforce, gitlab or other source control systems
- Experience with C++ development
- Experience analyzing complex issues and ideas with diverse teams — with artists, engineers, technical directors and engineering managers.