This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer - Network
16 days ago
At Codemasters we are at the sharp edge when it comes to the smooth and speedy delivery of our games to our millions of players world-wide. Our games continue to evolve and feature more sophisticated online content and functionality, especially with the imminent arrival of the next generation of consoles. It is our expert network programmers that enjoy the ongoing challenge to manage the complex interdependency of the tech elements which bring the game to bear in perfect harmony. This is a role to enable a global multiplayer network and as such requires true video games specialism.
The team are hard at work on the newly announced GRID Legends, and as a Network Software Engineer you'll be working closely with the game and design teams implementing online features, writing and reviewing code and bug fixing amongst other duties. It would be advantageous if you have experience of working on servers, for example in a Live Services function, however this is not essential.
We are looking to receive applications from talented network programmers who have significant network implementation and low-level experience, ideally on current-gen consoles (PS4 XBO) or PC and if you have experience of working on next gen development kits then we especially want to hear from you!
- Programming multiplayer game and server features
- Take ownership for large game features or even complete platforms
- Liaise with Designers and Programmers to implement key game features from inception to completion.
- Feature estimation and reporting to Team Lead
- Fluent C++ deployed within a similar role in the games industry
- Understanding of client-server and peer-to-peer networks and extensive experience in relation to games
- Experience of implementing multi-platform game client networking solutions on current console & PC platforms
- Experience using version control software in games
- Ability to write clear and maintainable code pertaining games networks
- Solid games industry track record, evidenced such as previously published products
- Desirable; C# and web server programming
- An ideal candidate will be highly experienced in the industry, driven and self-motivated with top-notch attention to detail
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills proven in a games development environment
- Good teamwork skills within a multi-disciplined development team
- A demonstrable passion for and commitment to a career in games
In return we will provide:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Industry leading benefits package including annual bonus scheme, enhanced pension, discounted employee share scheme, private healthcare and dental plans for you and your family and much more!
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- 10 free games per year!
- Free company minibus from Leamington spa to work
- Free on-site gym
- Large on-site free car park
- Free fruit and coffee
- On site subsidised catering
- Our own pub!