This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer - Generalist
14 days ago
Generalist Software Engineer
Location - EA Hyderabad
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA Industrial Toys is a division of EA SPORTS dedicated to creating high-quality mobile sports games connected to some of the world's biggest gaming franchises, including EA SPORTS FIFA and EA SPORTS MADDEN NFL .
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and masscasual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper as well as online games destination Pogo.com.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile’s largest development organizations with more than 800 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution. The game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA’s top games.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile’s center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market.
Here are the values we truly believe in:
- Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
- Ownership – Get things done
- Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
- Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
- Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
We’re looking for a C++ programmer who likes to dabble in just about everything. Need a groovy script written for the jenkins build systems, no problem. Fix in a bug in the Unreal C# based build tool, absolutely! Write a robust automation framework in python, sign me up! A majority of the time, you will be working in C++ in the Unreal Engine, contributing directly to Need for Speed Mobile.
How your day would look like:
- Maintain and extend development infrastructure such as build systems, crash reporting, and automation
- Correspond with EA central teams to integrate and leverage EA technology
- Create and support in-engine utilities such as physics health monitoring, memory tooling, and performance reporting
- Report to and plan work with Senior Tools Engineer
- Implement and maintain tooling for asset optimization, game maps, release processes, and live services
Who fits the bill:
- Proficiency with C++, 7+ years of work experience
- Experience working in a large codebase with multiple simultaneous development streams
- Good 3d math skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have skills:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Knowledge of rendering pipelines and concepts (shadowing tools/perf)
- Computer Science degree