This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer II
23 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
Twitch enables content creators to live-stream content to their communities across the globe. Advertising is a core part of Twitch and spans across many product areas. We take pride in our mission to help creators earn a living by entertaining and educating their viewers. We have a growing team comprised of product and engineering professionals based in downtown San Francisco.
Twitch is looking for backend engineers with the curiosity to develop features and APIs that run the advertising business. Our products range from innovative ad technologies, to shared, real-time experiences unique to Twitch. The ideal contributor have experience building, and continuously delivering high-quality production web services in an SOA environment. They will also be expected to work in a collaborative environment, able to interact with internal tech and business teams, external integration partners, and end-users.
This is a great opportunity to have an impact on your favorite creators at one of the fastest growing tech and entertainment products in the world.
- Develop, deliver, and operate new product services and features on native AWS infrastructure
- Scale and improve existing APIs and services used to power the Twitch advertising platform
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Contribute to overall team and organization technical strategy and architecture design
- Work across teams and organizations to deliver value to our creators, viewers, and advertisers
- 3+ years of experience developing distributed services, and/or high-volume data processing workflows
- Proficient coder in one or more of the following: Go, Java, Python
- Experience developing and operating high-volume low-latency distributed services, and/or high-volume data processing workflows
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or related field
- Experience refining technical strategy and mentoring engineers
- Experience or familiarity with the AWS ecosystem of services (EC2, RDS, Dynamo, Lambda, and CloudWatch)
- Experience or familiarity with Data pipelines (Kinesis, Airflow, Redshift, or Spark)
- Experience or familiarity with experience building GraphQL APIs
- Experience or familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes and the container ecosystem
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: TW6988
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.