Senior Software Engineer
USA-CA-San Diego-Via Esprillo / 721
6 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Connected Identity Team works on a java based micro-service responsible for linking PlayStation accounts with third party account systems for media sharing and playback.
The Software Engineer II is responsible for design and implementation of interactive web-based services. In this role you will be creating and maintaining Java code and provide component level designs for the Sony PlayStation Network platform. Duties include:
- Participate as a member of development team.
- Perform in-depth analysis of functional or business requirements.
- Participate in code review.
- Prepare and execute unit tests.
- May perform solution design.
- Implement end user or enterprise infrastructure or services prepared by more senior technologist.
- Perform work assigned by others.
- Provide time / resource estimates.
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with Java
- Experience delivering fully tested and documented REST based Java Web Services
- Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
- Experience with agile development methodologies and test driven development processes preferred
- Experience using source control (esp. Git) and bug tracking systems in a team environment
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Must possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- Splunk, AWS managed services (EC2, S3, SNS/SQ, DynamoDB), Jenkins, Cucumber experience
- Java Reactive Framework Experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.