Software Engineer II
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This is a fast paced, high-visibility engineering position with SIE’s payment platform engineering organization, focused on enhancements to Payments Tax, Data Orchestration, and other initiatives.
The position requires partnering across Product Management, Data Architects, Engineering, Hosting and Operations. The successful candidate will contribute to a highly performant data platform and associated services, applying industry standards and implementations to enable highly available, active-active, extensible data services for the SIE platform!
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in software development
- Experience with data definition and structure changes, data manipulation, data migration, data governance, data policies, data security and data integration with data warehouse and business intelligence.
- Experience delivering data solutions for high performance, active-active, scalable services.
- Track record monitoring and analyzing system performance, isolating issues or bottlenecks that could impact reliability, performance and scalability.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL programming (Oracle, Cassandra, Amazon Aurora, DynamoDB or similar) including both relational database schema designs and schema-less systems.
- Hands-on experience in Amazon Web Services, at enterprise scale is required including familiarity with DynamoDB, Aurora, EC2, and other AWS services.
- Experience in performance testing and/or development efforts for a complex, high throughput system.
- Understanding of the path(s) customer requests take from web browser to backend.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and test-driven development processes required.
- Must possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.