Software Engineer II
19 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineering II
Location: San Diego, CA
Are you an online gamer frustrated by inappropriate or just down-right awful behavior? Then here's your chance to make a difference in online gaming by joining the Trust and Safety engineering team at PlayStation, working on brand new technologies to eliminate online harms and make PlayStation the safest place to play!
We’re looking for a Software Engineer II who will craft and develop cloud-based network software services for the PlayStation® and other applications/devices. You will provide strong technical abilities in cloud based software development and highly scalable API designs.
Our team is innovating and crafting the next generation of gaming experiences on PlayStation! You will work alongside partners in engineering, product, design, and research to build tools and technologies that keep our players safe.
PlayStation Network currently has around 100 million monthly active users. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join our high leverage team working on building outstanding new experiences!
- Design, implement and maintain RESTful Web Services API and algorithms
- Produce excellent, detailed design and development documentation
- Work with team members to deliver features on time, respond to evolving requirements, and strategic shifts in direction
- Familiar and comfortable with Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- 3+ years of proven programming experience in Java (or equivalent enterprise back-end) developing web server applications, object oriented design and design patterns, and passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
- Experience in building high-performance and cloud based scalable web services. Experience with design and implementation of modern web services architecture and API frameworks
- Experience implementing services backed by MySQL and NoSQL data stores
- Strong understanding of engineering standard methodologies – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, participate in code reviews and documentation; experience with multiple technology stacks
- Ability to balance periodic on-call duty, and defensive engineering to minimize impact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Master's degree a plus.
Helpful but not required
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and cloud architecture
- Knowledge of DevOps practices, containerization, Docker/Kubernetes
- Online Safety, Machine Learning, Online Gaming domains
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.