Software Engineer II, Backend
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Shared Services Development Team works on designing and building solutions that provide standardized capabilities for use across the PlayStation platform. These solutions empower teams to focus on their core business functions by providing operationally sound services with ease of adoption. Our services include REST micro-services as well as java libraries dealing with data abstraction, event publishing, batch processing, secrets access and more! We are looking for problem solvers, who can take initiative to tackle the most interesting and diverse technical challenges of developing software at scale. We are open to adoption of the latest tools and techniques for solving the complex problems.
- Perform in-depth analysis of functional or business requirements.
- Use agile development methodologies, provide time/resource estimates
- Use AWS managed services during service development
- Participate in software development life cycle including development, testing and code reviews
- May perform small feature design.
- Analyze operational requirements and configure monitoring capabilities for services.
- Support onboarding of clients to the services owned by the team
- Participate in on-call rotations
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years of software development experience using Java and Object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience developing web services using REST, JSON and XML.
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
- Experience with SQL and working with relational databases
- Experience using source control (esp. Git) and bug tracking systems
- Drive and passion for quality with the ability to excite and motivate other team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with NoSQL databases, Python
- Experience with AWS managed services (DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, Step Functions)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.