Software Engineer II
18 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer II, Front End
The ideal candidate will come from an object-oriented development background and be passionate about front-end web technologies.
- Building digital commerce solutions for PlayStation games, media content, and subscription services
- Engaging with Product Managers, Designers, and other collaborators to craft world-class user experiences
- Contributing to existing shared software components to benefit multiple applications, and creating new components as we recognize the need for them
- Establishing robust tests to ensure software quality, including automation and build integration
- Deploying platform experiences through CI/CD pipelines
- Monitoring software releases, analyze telemetry, and adapt to production data
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or 2+ years of relevant work experience instead of a degree
- Experience in developing high-performance user interfaces
- Motivated and passionate about producing high-quality software
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Capable of producing detailed design and development documentation
- 1-2 years of software development experience
- Single page applications
- React.js or React Native
- Restful API's
- Customer-facing UI Development
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.