This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer - C++
7 days ago
Software Engineer – II, Player & Developer Experience
We are EA
Electronic Arts is more than you've ever realised. We're more than a company, or a headline, or even a clever catchphrase – we're a vibrant community of artists, storytellers, technologists, and working toward a shared vision: to inspire and unite through play.
While headquartered in Redwood City, EA's platform engineering, game development, and publishing operations take place in a network of locations, stretching from Shanghai to Stockholm, Melbourne to Vancouver, Redwood City to Hyderabad. No matter which of our locations you join, you'll feel the and support of EA's global brand, while immersing yourself in a culture that inspires you to excel, take risks and dream big.
This is an especially great time for the video game industry, as we're going through an exciting digital transformation. The global gaming audience has also never been bigger, with industry revenue projected to reach $295.6 billion by 2026.
Since its founding in 1982, EA has helped shape the way over 300 million registered players consume and enjoy interactive media. No other company EA's portfolio of amazing games and services, across multiple platforms, to players around the world. It is an exciting era in games, and an exciting time to join the team at EA!
The Challenge Ahead
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) organisation drives important technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is essential to making the industry's best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform infrastructure and services to keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
You will report to Manager
You will get exposed to many technologies as well as work with top-notch game studios around the world.
We are looking for a passionate, motivated Software Engineer to bring new client SDK capabilities that integrate video games with networked services. You'll work as part of a team, engaged with game teams around the globe to provide outstanding innovation and performance on PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Nintendo, iOS, Android and new platforms as they emerge.
What a Software Engineer II does within EA's Digital Platform Division at EA
- Design SDK solutions to support our top Console, PC and Mobile games
- Develop SDK APIs to support company-wide programmes across the latest technologies
- Collaborate to achieve high-quality cross-platform products
- Develop the products keeping system performance aspects like scalability and availability, security, observability, in mind.
- Promote the brainstorming on the new products, features, tools and services required by EADP teams & Game Teams
- Participate in all aspects of an iterative, Agile software development process, including scoping, detailed design, effort estimation, coding, testing, maintenance, and support
- Document and present designs for peer technical review and provide feedback on other's designs
- Bring high-quality software and products with a Continuous Integration, Validation and Deployment methodology
- Use open-source products/tools and Architect the systems for easy maintenance of code and achieve in smaller cycle time
- Hands-on in Coding, Testing and Deployment in the large-scale environments
- Work with Product management and game teams to gather the requirements which will enhance the capabilities of the system
The Next Great Software Engineer also needs to have
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or higher
- 2+ years of experience in software design, testing and delivery
- Have programming experience in C++
- Proficiency in Java, Python, Groovy, and Objective-C
- Game Console, PC or Mobile (iOS and Android) platform development experience
- Experience in REST, API and gRPC development
- Experience with Network protocols
- Troubleshoot issues in Linux, Windows and Mac environments
- A background in Data Structures, Algorithms, Design patterns & System design
- Have working experience building applications.
- Development experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience in System Design, Micro Service architectures & Scalable distributed systems
- (oral and written) - of management and a geographically and culturally diverse technical organization. draw agreement over technical matters