This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer II
4 days ago
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Core Gameplay Software Engineer
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
Full Circle is looking for a Core Gameplay Engineer to join the Skate Team
- You will work with designers and animators to prototype and polish new gameplay mechanics.
- Use our industry-leading animation and physics systems to create high-quality character gameplay.
- You will work expert developers across EA to develop new technologies to solve Skate's unique gameplay challenges.
- Partner with our engineering leaders to keep your gameplay code running at performance on all target platforms.
- Report to our Lead Gameplay Engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 3+ years experience
- You are someone with a passion for creating games.
- Experience with C++ and object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of good software programming practices.
- Experience debugging runtime systems.
- Comfortable working as part of a cross discipline team.
- Experience with AI, physics, animation, input, cameras or other gameplay systems.
- Understand performance costs of Gameplay systems and algorithms.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Skateboarding.
- Knowledge of multiplayer game development.
- Familiar with basic game development technologies such as Perforce, Visual Studio.
- Familiar with scripting languages (Python, Lua, Ruby) and interpreted languages. (C#, Java)
- Knowledge in a second field, such as physics or mathematics.