This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer II
11 months ago
Gameplay Software Engineer - Maxis
As a Gameplay Software Engineer on The Sims, your job will be to develop user-facing content for The Sims.
- You will use Python, C++ and ActionScript 3 to implement data-driven gameplay and UI systems.
- You will create new Sim behaviors: interaction with the world, other Sims, and objects.
- You will build creative aspects of real life within a simulation game (e.g. socialization, careers, weather).
- You will work with designers, producers, artists, and other engineers on improving the data-driven framework that brings designs to life.
- You will write technical design documents detailing software requirements.
- You will build unique content for a game that supports a large demographic of simulation player patterns.
- You will write code with performance and memory usage in mind.
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills under iteratively changing requirements during development.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- 1+ year experience in a hands on development role .
- Demonstrate technical abilities with projects implemented in C++ or Python.
- Experience with Windows platform and development tools (e.g. Visual Studio or other programming IDEs).
- Experience optimizing existing game code to be more performant.
- Previous engineering experience owning a major system.
- Demonstrate experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
- Experience developing for large-scale live products.
- Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.