This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer - Release
14 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
What does the Frostbite team do?
We develop the Frostbite engine, EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine. Frostbite has powered games such as FIFA, Madden NFL, Battlefield, Need For Speed, Dragon Age: Inquisition, PGA Tour and Star Wars Battlefront. Frostbite leverages its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve. Creating and applying leading-edge technology in the gaming industry is not easy but it is increasingly the difference-maker between an evolutionary game and a revolutionary one. Here at Frostbite, we are setting the bar high and have a team of great engineers who are dedicated, capable and willing to reach it to ship the next awesome game. We are located across North America (Vancouver, Edmonton, Orlando, Montreal), Europe (Guildford, Stockholm, Bucharest) and Australia (Melbourne).
The Challenge Ahead:
The Frostbite Release team is responsible for building a scalable and collaborative development environment, delivering the work of over 300 engineers to customers. The successful candidate will be part of a team building the culture, process, and tooling for delivering Frostbite at quality. We are looking for a strong generalist who can quickly familiarize themselves with multiple technologies, is a good communicator, and works well with others, but knows when to stand firm.
- Adaptable problem solver, quickly converging on solutions for a myriad of problems. You could be changing the build farm configuration because of a hardware related issue, and then moving on to debugging a crash in a game level, followed up by working on a python script to automate release workflows.
- Managing Perforce copy-up and merge down across multiple code streams
- Supporting build farm integrity for local development teams
- Working with software engineers across multiple domains, understanding their needs to develop tooling in various areas such as automated monitoring, pre-test/pre-submission, automated failure analysis & reporting, and a multitude of other areas.
- Other responsibilities may include:
- Responding to issues within the Frostbite production environment by working across teams and gathering data to help troubleshoot issues.
- Collaborating across domain teams and QA on releases/updates and patches
- Automation of releases to ensure the integrity of the live environment is protected and the correct components are released
- Helping define new policies, improving process and culture to help to release Frostbite more efficiently with better quality.
- Design and implement tools that will help improve the efficiency of how software is developed, tested and released while elevating the product quality.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Strong generalist with 6+ years of professional experience in C++
- Exceptional debugging and problem solving skills
- Previous experiences in Release Engineer discipline or multiple Engineering disciplines in software development cycle
- Production experience with game engines
- Experience with C# or Python
- Large scale Integrations
- Perforce and other SCMs
- Database tool /Visualization plugin such as PowerBI
- Prior experience with CI build systems and build automation
- Works well with changing priorities
- Emphasizes practical solutions
- Service Oriented with an energetic attitude
- Works well with others
- Strong communicator both written and verbal
Why join us?
- Tackle strategic technology problems with an impact across all of EA.
- Work on leading edge technology and create high-quality solutions.
- Work with multiple game teams across multiple genres.
- Work with industry leaders and other top-tier people.
- Good work/life balance.
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages . And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.