DRE - Build Engineer
DRE are EA’s continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are looking for someone to join the Development and Release Engineering team (DRE) in Vancouver, Canada or remote hybrid as a Build Engineer and provide excellent services to our internal partner development teams. This engineer will report to our Development Manager.
- You will implement internal CI/CD improvement initiatives
- You and your team will maintain build automation pipeline
- Collaborate with partner teams to expand and maintain build infrastructure environments
- Identify gaps/toil within build & automation workflows and implement automated scalable, reliable and repeatable solutions
- Monitor and address automated systems issues
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Proficient in object-oriented/scripting languages (e.g C#, Java, Groovy, Python, Ruby)
- Proficient in implementing CI/CD pipelines (e.g Jenkins, GitLab CI)
- Configuration management tools (e.g Chef, Ansible, Terraform)
- Cloud platforms (e.g AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Containerization technologies (e.g Docker, Kubernetes)
- Secrets management tools (e.g Vault)
- Artifact repositories (e.g Artifactory, NPM, NuGet)
- Source control management tools (e.g Perforce, Git)
- Virtualization environments and tools (e.g VMs, vSphere)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate
- Excellent analytical skills
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- Manage tasks and responsibilities
- Learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $130,500 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.