This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer II
25 days ago
POSITION TITLE: SOFTWARE ENGINEER - UI
Being a Software Engineer at EA is more than just coding – it's about supporting and growing with your peers.
You will report to and work with a central team within EA that focuses on providing tooling for our many game teams. These tools include code line stability testing tools, large-scale play tests tools, code and tool distribution, and tooling to discover undetected defects. These are used by thousands of developers and creators daily, so quality is extremely important for our continued success.
Our growing team has developers in Vancouver, Austin, Montreal, Guildford, Bucharest and more, and we work with game teams across many more locations.
- Build UI for Web applications that empower our content creators
- Engage with customers to understand feature requirements and collaborate on new implementations
- Interpret requests from your team, accounting for and call out any roadblocks or efficiencies your partners may not consider, and propose and apply your creative or technical solutions
- Create technical documentation to ensure that products can be used and maintained by multiple teams worldwide
- Maintain tools, integrations, and technologies to support a reliable product
- Report regular status on assigned tasks and identify project risks
- 2+ years of industry experience as an individual contributor
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (computer science, computer engineering or mathematics)
- 2+ years with developing frontend web software using React and TypeScript
- Familiarity with any source control, debuggers, and other software development tools. (e.g. Perforce, Visual Studio)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks
- Experience with test-driven development practices
- Experience in the gaming industry