This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer - Tools
16 days ago
Working on the fastest racing game experience in the world, our Birmingham studio is home to the award-winning official FORMULA 1™ videogame series. Codemasters is looking for a Senior Tools Programmer to join the team and help continue to push the boundaries on what is possible and deliver the genuine AAA racing experience to the masses.
As a part of Team Codies, you will work and learn alongside some of the best industry talent and if you're looking to work within an inclusive environment, that promotes time for self-development and career progression, then look no further.
You will apply your extensive experience to design, implement and document code to the required standards, agreeing timescales with the team and testing your work and fixing bugs. You will be a coach and mentor for staff, being a great example of good engineering practices.
What you'll need:
- A solid understanding of C# and scripting languages (e.g Python, Perl, Powershell)
- Knowledge of GUI Toolkits (e.g WPF, Qt, WxWidgets)
- Experience of development on console and PC platforms including debugging and profiling
- Have contributed to the delivery of 2 full game projects
- At least one major high-level language, including C++
- Computer architecture knowledge
It will be great if you have:
- Experience in Process Automation
- Knowledge of Continuous Build Systems
In return we offer:
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Outstanding benefits package including annual bonus scheme, private health and dental plans, employee discounted share scheme, new console allowance and much more!
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- 10 free games per year
- State of the art working environment
- Incredible peer community of top-flight programmers in the games industry
At Codemasters, we can offer genuine career progression and development opportunities, in what is surely the greatest entertainment industry to be a part of. We strongly believe in recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop our culture of growth and inclusion. We look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.