This job might no longer be available.
Tools Software Engineer
2 months ago
The Advanced Technology Group is part of the EA SPORTS Tech organization, focused on developing cutting edge game features and engine enhancements in close collaboration with game and engine dev teams. You will be part of a cross-functional team tackling a variety of technical challenges beginning from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An essential priority for this group is to partner with the Frostbite team, our Game teams, and our central art team to create meaningful user facing experiences and content workflow improvements. You will work on our strategic, multi-year project in unifying our Create-a-Head tools and experiences while innovating on the created character heads for all EA SPORTS titles.
As a Tools Software Engineer, y ou will be part of a talented, multi-disciplinary team working in the Frostbite Engine to develop features, tools and workflows for EA Sports. Y ou will partner with the art, rendering and software engineering teams to implement pragmatic solutions across our content creation and engineering pipelines. This includes the workflows and systems for artists and engineers spanning asset creation, offline processing, storage, caching, feature development, and cinematics.
- Work closely with producers, designers, artists and other engineers to develop user-friendly tools; easy to manage and efficient pipelines; and optimal workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game content.
- Analyze workflows and bottlenecks in the content production process, and identify opportunities to leverage automation to implement practical solutions.
- Devise and implement methods to optimally store and transform data along the offline tool processing chain.
- Implement new features and improve existing ones in workflow tools using C# and C++.
- Help troubleshoot issues the team encounters locally as well as with the tools themselves in a patient and understanding manner.
- Identify 3rd party solutions and integrate them into our workflow where appropriate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Excellent and proven communication skills.
- 3+ years of experience using C++ and C# in a professional environment.
- Experience with video game content pipelines on shipped games.
- Ability to analyze and improve workflow to enhance group productivity and ease workloads.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.