This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer II - PlayStation Network Commerce Engineering
1 month ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer II
San Diego, CA
The Payments platform team supports an annual payment volume of double digit $$billion(s) globally, and we are just getting started! We are in an industry that is seeing spectacular growth and innovation, and in response, we are re-inventing our payments platform to provide a seamless gaming and purchase experience for our customers.
- Our customers are passionate about our products, and we’re passionate about providing them with the best possible experience.
- We believe that excellence comes from finding talented people and giving them the support they need to thrive.
- We believe that work should be fun, and we strive to create an environment where teams experience satisfying work, personal and professional growth, and good work life balance
- You possess a drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills and are able to work with others at all levels.
- You’re effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- Your curiosity drives you to go beyond your immediate assignments and actively learn everything you can about the systems you support. You’re not afraid to ask questions.
About the role and how you will spend your time:
- Work in an agile and highly collaborative environment with our globally distributed engineering teams, architecture, product management, quality assurance, and operations.
- Be responsible for sound technology choices and implementing them in a fashion that is durable and scalable
- Create and maintain Java code and provide component level designs for the Sony PlayStation Network platform.
- Participate in code review.
- Prepare and execute unit tests.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 3+ year Java programming and systems experience.
- Experience with test driven development and test automation.
- Experience with SQL and databases, especially Oracle.
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience in full life-cycle agile software development.
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
- Experience with Java Application Servers/Containers.
- Experience using source control such as git and bug tracking systems in a team environment.
Additional Desired Attributes:
- Experience in ecommerce platforms, payments, and/or fraud.
- Hands-on experience in Amazon Web Services, including familiarity with Lambda, EKS, DynamoDB, Aurora, EC2, and other AWS services.
- Experience in developing cross-platform code.
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience building scalable, highly available, systems with very high levels of concurrency and transactions.
- Experience working with Cloud development environment such as AWS.
- Experience with caching solutions such as memcached
- Experience with NoSQL database such as Cassandra
- Possess deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$113,200 — $169,800 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.